Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Glucose Tolerance Test Experience

So, this pretty much concludes how the Glucose Tolerance Test went. I believe we were at the doctor's office for 3 entire hours. They told me that I couldn't walk around (unless I went to the bathroom) and I couldn't drink water either. I was so miserable.. because I LOVE water! I'm always drinking it. Plus it was a pretty hot day.. and well, being pregnant.. you always get thirsty. 

I was extra tired too because I had been on David's schedule (the graveyard shift)... so I hadn't slept for two entire days. I WAS going to go to sleep.. but I had totally forgotten exactly what time our appointment was. And right before I was going to lay down to rest.. David walked in to let me know I had to get ready. lol. So it was a pretty l-o-n-g day for me. 

I'm glad that's over! I never wanna take one of these tests again. I literally felt like life got sucked out of me by the time I left. lol. :P


BLOOD RESULTS:
So the results came back the next day (they called me yesterday). And they told me all was well. I don't have any diabetes... and all my blood levels are up to par.. except that my "Iron Levels" need to go up more.

So, I will now have to add an "Iron Pill" to the set of pills I'm already taking. The "Giant Horse Prenatal Vitamins" (which I have to take 2 of each day).. and a "Vitamin D Pill" which I also have to take. And one thing I've always hated is taking pills. I feel like a pill popper!

ahh... The lovely symptoms of being pregnant. LOL. :P

6 comments:

  1. Just be glad it's only iron pills. I use to get Vitamin B - 12 shots during my first pregnancy! Painful... You will be strong like a horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH!!! SHOTS????? That's so terrible!!! Yeah, I'll be strong like a horse & constipated like one too! HAHA!!! LOL!

      Delete
  2. LoL, Your sketches are hilarious!! Aww, glad that is over for you :)

    --Jennifer Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol. Thanks Jennifer! ;) I'm glad too! I never wanna go through that again! :P

      Delete
  3. Oh Manno Oh..what torture..uggh
    Boy they really pic pic pic on you these days! Our Pastor told us that a couple from the church is at court with there Dr basically because this dr diagnosed the baby with some illness, probably true..but he tied to set up an appointment to abort. They told him NO..he really pressured them and guess what, they even got a bill for the abortion they never had...UGGH..I think we have choices we need to make before let dr's run our life and run up our bills! Some Dr's are ok. God be with you Esly, just a fee more weeks to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! WOW!!! That's crazy about the couple your pastor told you about. That's insane! May the Lord redeem them from those medical people's evil! And yes, I agree.. there are some great doctors & nurses out there. But man, it's a dark crazy world out there! :P

      Delete