Saturday, March 9, 2013

Kiara's Bassinet(s)

We have not yet put this together. It's still in the box. But I will in due time. I was actually looking online and found a really cool swing that can also be used as a cradle as well.. that was also made by Fisher Price like this Bassinette here. This one is the "My Little Lamb" one. The mattress dimensions for this small Bassinet we got below is: 825 x 400 x 22 mm.

(Fisher Price My Little Lamb Bassinet) 

Aside from this lovely bassinet, we have also been given 2 CRIBS! / or might I say 2 COTS! (for my aussie friends!) haha ...that were graciously given to us by David's cousin, Jim & his wife Katherine. They were very generous to us with many of their hand-me-downs. One cradle will be used until the baby is about (1-2 years old).. and the other one she'll be able to fit into it up to the age of 5 or even 6... I think? I'm still new at this baby stuff.. so I don't know much when it comes to these things. We haven't put any of these together as of yet. lol. They are currently at David's Mom's house for safe-keeping.

But the dimension size of the smaller (COT/CRIB) for when the baby is 1-2 years old - that Jim & Katherine gave us looks similar to the one below & the dimension size for this one below is: 91 x 40 x 7 cm


(Hand Me Down Crib)

David & I were very blessed to have been able to receive it! We are ecstatic & can't wait to have our little one enjoy all of the gifts that have already been shattered on her. In the first two weeks though.. she'll probably be sleeping in my bed for a while... so she can have easy access to milk from me. :) I hear they need a lot of care & fed very much at least till they fatten up a little. Then, after those 1st two weeks, she can relax in her bassinet on a regular basis. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh yay! So sweet so pretty, I love them//ahhhh!!
    May the Lord shower you with blessings all over in Jesus name!

    I think Cannon moved into his big crib and out of the baby bassinets at about 6 months he was wiggling and moving all over the place! He is so strong! But When he was a NEW BORN he was soo tini like a peanut! He has been in his big crib and had the mattress lowered a couple months ago and I can hardly reach it! LOL Daniel has long arms and he is able to reach. So exciting! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri! :D

      yeah! The 3rd crib.. that we received for when she's older.. does the same thing. It locks low, so that you're able to reach in & pick up the baby. lol. ;) Hopefully, I'll be able to reach in with no problem. We'll have to see I guess. hee-hee! ;)

      Delete
  2. Kiara will sleep like a princess in all the different beds available to her! Some would say she is blessed to rest! They're lovely beds and look comfortable enough for a baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely will! haha.. you're a poet & you don't know it! :) I hope you'll be able to visit soon Mom so that you can meet her & also meet David's parents too! And also.. see me! I miss my Mother! :) lol. Talk to you later! Love you! :)

      Delete
  3. AAhh..sweet, One the coolest things I've never seen before until a week or so ago was the little baby intercom live Video..wow I was soo fascinated with it. I could sit on the couch and watch him in his bed it was so funny..he's crawling all around..then when he fell asleep he staying in the same position for the longest time..hee hee it was sooooo adorable! I didn't have to go up and down the stairs to check on him plus he sleeps better in his dark bedroom. He is not a big sleeper, he very ecited about life and constant attention! XOXO LOVE YOU!! Rock - a buy - Baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! A baby intercom video? Cute! :) I wonder if Kiara's going to sleep a lot.. or be a night owl like me? It will be interesting to say the least!

      Delete
  4. HIM..CANNON
    Arin and Joes baby Boy ..my little nephew! And Odette in my letter, I was trying to get to telling you while we stayed with my sister Mishelle, My step niece Arin and her hubby Joe brought News to us all that they were pregnant! It was super exciting and a surprise..because Arin was on the pill. XOXO

    ReplyDelete