Monday, March 4, 2013

Baby Themes & Colors

Well, as some of you may know.. I was pretty much raised as a tom-boy. lol. So having a girl will definitely be a challenge for me! And so either my little girl will like to play rough like I once did.. or she will convert me to be a girly-girl! One of the two!

Meanwhile, many have asked what my favorite themes & colors are for her. And so I thought I would post some random things I enjoy. I most likely will be keeping within these types of themes for whenever I buy anything for "Kiara" in the future. Even if I can't find the themes.. I'll most likely keep within the colors at least. :)

I have created a Wish List of things I have always enjoyed concerning babies! Being that I am in Australia.. I will be honest with you & say that I've had a difficult time trying to find a theme that I can stick with, that goes with my preferences. So this post is not to make anyone feel bad for not being able to obtain the things I prefer.. (if you live here in Australia) but rather, it's to get people understanding my interests, likes & preferences on baby stuff. lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THEMES:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


So my most Favorite Theme of all time is "Precious Moments". They do not have a selection of items at all here in Australia.. but I can still fantasize can't I? haha!

I actually made a "Wish List" on my Amazon account of things I hope to eventually get down the line if the Lord wills. I have not purchased any of it, nor will I until after the baby shower(s) I have.. and of course until my hubby & I can save enough for one or two of the items.




They also have a website: http://www.preciousmoments.com
But they don't have much variety on the Baby items available.

Either way, that is definitely one of the themes I like. I prefer to stay away from things like, "Bratz Dolls" and anything that might imitate that same look. lol. 

My other favorite themes include: 
"Hello Kitty"
"Baby - Winnie the Pooh stuff" 
and anything with baby zoo animals similar to a 
"Noah's Ark" theme.
That pretty much concludes all of my favorite themes. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COLORS:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


As for colors.. I really enjoy the earthy tones. Soft Pastels & browns tend to be my favs! 
Similar to the colors you see in the Precious Moments themes.

Although this blog doesn't give me EXACT colors 
in Font for what I like.. so I'll just write what I like in black & white: 

-Apple and/or Mint Green
-Browns
-Light Blues
-Light Pastel Pinks (but not over done!) haha 
-Light Yellows
-White

Here's a few photos I snagged from a friend's baby shower I attended where I really enjoyed the colors that were displayed. See? Although, you may be able to tell that I'm not extremely into pink.. I do not detest it either. haha. Despite my tom-boy traits, I still see pink as a very nice color so long as it's not over done! 

And below are a collection of similar colors I prefer that I found online from various photos.
Pastels mixed with Browns are my favorites as you can see!

2 comments:

  1. Esly so cute so exciting! I got so baby crazed yesterday after going to hobby lobby looking for precious moments I stopped by to play with baby cannon and then to ..Joan Fabrics! I didn't find precious moment fabric but I found a lavender and a few other things! My sister had read your blog before I got a change! And she said Esly likes some pink..hee hee! I got a chance to check out Amazon and from their I searched for Precious moment fabric on ebay! FOUND Lots of precious moments stuff. I found a nice sale and free shipping ..too I got 4 yards enough for a crib sheet and more! Here oNE the crib sheet tutorial I found..

    ____
    To get the exact dimensions for your sheet, measure the height, width and length of your mattress. Mine was 28″Wx52″Lx7″H. Add the height(x2) + the width + seam allowance (6″, or whatever you have left) = 48″. Then add the height(x2) + the length + seam allowance (6″, or whatever you have left) = 72″. If you have an inch or 2 less on either side, don’t sweat it, it should still work. Sine you probably need a wider fabric than standard for this, this would be a great time to re-purpose some vintage sheets that you’ve been saving.

    --
    http://prudentbaby.com/2011/01/baby-kid/crib-sheet-tutorial-part-2-2/

    Not sure all baby mattresses are the same size..so it would be good to measure.

    I'm sending you a pic of the white precious moment fabric I ordered, its white with white and brown bunnies and white and lavender Lambes..

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/150974402458

    So it should color coordinate with your baby Room Design. I see the Lavender, yellow and white room is adorable! SEW exciting XOXO

    Love Terr bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You found some VERY cool stuff Terri! That fabric ROCKS! And the tutorial looks awesome, but a little complicated for someone like me who's not very talented in that area. haha. Man, I wish they had a hobby lobby here located next to me! I'd be doing the same thing you would & go window shopping, playing with all of the items in the stores. hee-hee. But that's okay.. you have all the fun for me out there! haha! lol. xx hugs xx. :) You are such a sweet heart! <3

      Delete