Monday, March 4, 2013

Finding out the News!

Although, I started this blog with a post by Kiara. I thought I'd catch you up on the start of how I found out I was pregnant with her. 

As most of you know, I'm a caricature artist. And I draw for a living. 

The beginning of September I was JUST about to start working at an event called, "The Royal Melbourne Show" here in Australia drawing caricatures. The Show is a very high-stress job where you need to be on-top of your game - Arrive-Early, Work-Fast & Leave-Late. It is an annual event that only happens for a few weeks each year.. but it gets VERY intensely busy.

Believe it or not a week before I was scheduled to work at this event... my wrist started to ache with an awful pain - of what it FELT to be, "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome". I was devastated & really believed I would not be able to work the show feeling like this. My wrist felt stiff & impossible for me to draw. It was so numb & my entire muscle from my wrist all the way to my shoulder blade felt like it was on fire. 

But, I decided to stick it out & just prayed to God that He would heal me in time, to work at the show.. I also asked for others to pray for me as well. On FB one of my sweet sister's in Christ immediately asked me through private email, "Esly, Are you pregnant?" lol. Less then a day later my husband, David reminded me that my menstrual cycle was late. It raised the question as to why this pain in my wrist may have possibly come all of the sudden. And we thought that it could possibly be the result of me being been pregnant.

Long & behold, about 2 days into drawing at work.. (when it started to get busy).. my wrist was back to normal! Praise God for His mercy! :D I was so happy. Not only did my wrist heal.. but David had immediately rushed to the store to get a pregnancy test. And this photo below is what we discovered! haha! 



So, this was actually the 1st official photo that was taken when I had JUST found out we were 2-3 weeks pregnant with child! It was September 13th of 2012.


This was a photo taken of myself & the goofy group of guys I worked with at the show. And although I was extremely tired, I was certainly blessed to have worked with such a great & helpful group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment