Monday, May 13, 2013

"CHURCH" - Baby Shower - May 4th, 2014

Well, this here was the Baby Shower that was thrown by the very generous ladies at my Church. I was pretty overwhelmed by the turn-out.. and fell in love with all the delicacies that went into all of their hard work! I felt so blessed to have been cared for by all of them like this... and had such a fabulous time. God is so good!
(ABOVE PIC): Me at 35 weeks pregnant with Kiara Grace!

(ABOVE PIC): My sweet friend Niki organized the party & got me some awesome Precious Moments Decorations all the way from the states!!! You cannot find this theme anywhere in Australia! So for her to go out of her way to do this was such an incredible blessing!

(ABOVE PIC): Inside the party favor boxes were "Pillow Mints" and "Hershey Kisses"!


(ABOVE PIC): Here are more of those beautiful decorations! Precious Moments Napkins! I thought they were so adorably cute!! 

(ABOVE PIC): Here's a sweet "Towel Cake" a few of the ladies helped put together! 
It was one of my favorites because of the verse written on there! 
I thought it was so lovely! 

(ABOVE PIC): Here was the beautiful baby shower cake that was specially
made for me by one of the many talented ladies at our church. I thought it
was so cute! 

(ABOVE PICS): On the left is a close up! And on the right was a slice! 
It was a Mississippi Mud Cake! And BOY was it divine! It was the best
chocolate cake EVER!!! :D

(ABOVE PIC): This is Pricille the Bakerette who made my cake!
Her cake making is incredible! She's so talented!

(ABOVE PIC): Here was some of the set up, decor & gifts set up on the tables.

(ABOVE PIC): Both of these "Diaper Cakes" came out so beautifully! 
They were created by a small hand full of ladies. It must have taken
them ages! But WOW.. what beautiful pieces of work it ended up being!

(ABOVE PIC): Here is a "Towel Cake" on the left along 
with a gift basket for the ladies who won at the games!

(ABOVE PIC): Here were some personal messages written to Kiara, myself & David.

(ABOVE PIC): Ladies mingling! Niki is the one smiling there in the middle. She was the one who took her precious time out to organize this entire thing & open up her home to us for the party. 

(ABOVE PIC): There was such a giant turn-out! So many ladies came! And they were so generous, helpful & thoughtful in all that they did! I was really blown-away & so taken back by all of the love they showered on me for my little Kiara on the way!


(ABOVE PIC): Here is a group shot of the ladies. This wasn't all of them.. cause we sort of took this one a bit late when a few of the ladies had already departed. But we tried! lol.

(ABOVE PIC): Emily & Haylie! Haylie who is on the right was the one who took most of those lovely photos you have seen.. for me. Well, at least the good ones! haha! She blessed me with her photography skills as an additional gift for the Baby Shower. I was so thankful!


(ABOVE PIC): Sue & Beth.. are always such a joy to have around. They are both very creative as mother & daughter. Sue was the one who created an amazing hand-made crotchet blanket for me! I couldn't believe all the precious time she put into it!

(ABOVE PIC): Here are a couple of the ladies playing the 
Baby Food Game. Whoever can eat it the fastest.. wins! 

(ABOVE PIC): A couple more of the ladies in action! 


(ABOVE PIC): They've all just caught out one of the other ladies who lost one of their pins! We played a game throughout the entire party.. where each lady started out with 1 baby pin. And if anyone said the word "Baby" or "Kiara", they'd lose their pin to the one who heard them say it! The girl they're pointing at had about 6 of them.. and was winning.. until this moment! lol.


(ABOVE PIC): Can't forget about the delicious food that was given!
It was so delicious! Every bit of everything I had hit the spot! 


(ABOVE PIC): YUM!!!

(ABOVE PIC): So refreshing!

(ABOVE PIC): These had to be my most favorite snack! It was a pudding with chocolate mints inside on a pastry! These were so incredible!! I really need the recipe to this! It was like a party in my mouth!

(ABOVE PIC): Here are a few of the gifts I received! 
I was so thankful for every single thing I got for Kiara! 

(ABOVE PIC): This was hand-made by the lovely "Sue" whom 
I mentioned in an earlier pic above. She's the one who taught the 
lady who made the next one below how to do hers as well!

(ABOVE PIC): This was hand-made by "Gitte" (pronounced Gee-tah). 
It was her 1st one.. and she did such an outstanding job.. I had really
thought it was store-bought! :)

(ABOVE PIC): This believe it or not.. was hand-made too! I couldn't believe all 
the talented ladies who put time aside to help make all these things for Kiara! WOW!
This is like a poncho/cover to keep the baby warm! :)

(ABOVE PICS): A few cute little outfits. There were so many more gifts & so many more adorable incredible outfits.. but, I don't have photos of them all sadly. This was just a taste of the many more
things given. Like I said, I was pretty overwhelmed with everything!

 (ABOVE PIC): I was so ecstatic about each item! And so grateful for the generosity that was shown to me on this day. I really never thought I'd receive so many things for my little girl. But so thankful & blessed to have gotten it all. I thank God for all the people who He's placed in my life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment